A new mathematical tool for an exact treatment of open quantum system dynamics
- Autori: Napoli, A.; Nicolosi, S.; Messina, A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2005
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: mathematical tool; equations
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/24880
A new method to obtain an operatorial exact solution of a wide class of Markovian master equations is presented. Its key point is the existence of a constant of motion partitioning the Hilbert space into finite-dimensional subspaces. The consequent possibility of representing the reduced density operator as a block diagonal matrix is shown. Each "block operator" evolves under the action of a non-unitary operator explicitly derived. Our mathematical approach is illustrated applying it to simple physical systems.