Quantum counter-propagation in open optical cavities via the quasi-normal-mode approach
- Autori: Severini, S.; Csibilia, M.; Napoli, A.; Messina, A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2006
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: 2-COMPONENT EIGENFUNCTION EXPANSION; OPEN SYSTEMS; WAVE-EQUATION; COMPLETENESS
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/18198
By using the quasi-normal-mode (QNM) formalism in a second quantization scheme, the problem of the counter-propagation of electromagnetic fields inside optical cavities is studied. The links between QNM operators and canonical destruction and creation operators describing the external free field, as well as the field correlation functions, are found and discussed. An application of the theory is performed for open cavities whose refractive index satisfies symmetric properties.