Waterfront e patrimonio militare: la base sottomarina di Saint-Nazaire
- Autori: Lecardane, R.; Tesoriere, Z.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2012
- Tipologia: Capitolo o Saggio (Capitolo o saggio)
- Parole Chiave: waterfront, Atlantic Wall, infrastruttura militare, rigenerazione, Saint-Nazaire, bunker, U-boat
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/63001
Isolated from its harbour by the submarine base built during World War II, Saint-Nazaire has added to its development over the last two decades, without referring to major European models. An important arts and tourist center has been built around the port zone, close to the German submarine base. The converted military structure, which is situated in an impressive public space, has been endowed with a new sense of identity. It stands out as the main element in the urban regeneration process, focusing on the cultural and tourist character of the programme and aiming to reinforce the relationship between the city and its port.