A New Current Mode Control for DC-DC Converter
- Autori: DI BLASI, G.; Capponi, G.; Livreri, P.; F., M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2005
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: DC-DC converters ; Electric potential ; constant on-time
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/27348
Current-sensing is used widely in smart power chips, especially in DC/DC converter for voltage regulator modules (VRM), implemented with interleaved synchronous rectifier buck converters. The interleaved technique main difficulty is due to its current-sharing control between the several modules. Besides, if the used control technique is current-mode type, it is necessary create a ramp signal proportional to current on the inductor. In this paper, a lossless current-sensing method, solving the major disadvantages of the current-mode control and implementing a current-sharing technique, is proposed. This innovative technique is tested in a two-module interleaved buck converter.