Asymptotic Analysis of a Slightly Rarefied Gas with Nonlocal Boundary Conditions
- Autori: Caflisch, R.; Lombardo, M.; Sammartino, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2011
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Nonlocal boundary conditions; Boltzmann equation; Fluid dynamic limit
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/61191
In this paper nonlocal boundary conditions for the Navier-Stokes equations are derived, starting from the Boltzmann equation in the limit for the Knudsen number being vanishingly small. In the same spirit of (Lombardo et al. in J. Stat. Phys. 130:69-82, 2008) where a nonlocal Poisson scattering kernel was introduced, a gaussian scattering kernel which models nonlocal interactions between the gas molecules and the wall boundary is proposed. It is proved to satisfy the global mass conservation and a generalized reciprocity relation. The asymptotic expansion of the boundary-value problem for the Boltzmann equation, provides, in the continuum limit, the Navier-Stokes equations associated with a class of nonlocal boundary conditions of the type used in turbulence modeling.