Zero viscosity limit of the Oseen equations in a channel
- Autori: Lombardo, M.; Sammartino, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2001
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Asymptotic expansion; Boundary layer; Oseen equations; Solution formula; Zero viscosity limit; Mathematics (all); Analysis; Applied Mathematics
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/201088
Oseen equations in the channel are considered. We give an explicit solution formula in terms of the inverse heat operators and of projection operators. This solution formula is used for the analysis of the behavior of the Oseen equations in the zero viscosity limit. We prove that the solution of Oseen equations converges in W1,2 to the solution of the linearized Euler equations outside the boundary layer and to the solution of the linearized Prandtl equations inside the boundary layer. © 2001 Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.