Developing Tele-Operated Laboratories for Manufacturing Engineering Education
- Autori: Terkowsky, C.; Jahnke, I.; Pleul, C.; Licari, R.; Johansson, P.; Buffa, G.; Heiner, M.; Fratini, L.; LO VALVO, E.; Nicolescu, M.; Wildt, J.; Tekkaya, E.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: e learning; FSW; remote experiment
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/50477
The aim of the PeTEX-project is to establish an e-Learning platform for the development, implementation, and delivery of educational training programs in the field of manufacturing engineering. The PeTEX team designs both: a technical platform for eLearning based on “Moodle” including distributed tele-operated experimentation facilities, and didactic and socio-technical requirements for a successful online learning community. User interfaces are deployed for remote access to instruments, data analysis and multiplexed data access via network protocols. Hence, the platform provides complex tools in order to perform various activities to support the educational process, from telemetric experimentation to virtual project groups for an entire community to the purpose of domain specific learning. This paper describes important steps of interdisciplinary participatory design and development of a remote lab-prototype in the field of manufacturing engineering.