CT AND MRI OF THYROGLOSSAL DUCT CYST
- Autori: LO CASTO, A.; Papia, G.; Purpura, P.; DI NARO, F.; Ajello, D.; LA TONA, G.; Salerno, S.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2015
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Cysts, Congenital, Computer Applications-3D, MR, CT, Head and neck
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/120810
The thyroglossal duct is a narrow tubular structure connecting the primordium of the thyroid gland to the tongue in the midline. If the duct does not involute at 8-10th weeks of gestation, secretion for infection or inflammation causes a thyroglossal duct cyst (TDC). TDC accounts for 70% of all congenital neck anomalies. The aim of this paper is to describe MR and CT findings of TDC including 3d MR sequences and a rare branched thyroglossal duct cyst.