Study of the performances of a fluidynamic actuator
- Autori: Cirello, A.; Ingrassia, T.; Nigrelli, V.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2018
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: CFD, CAD model, hydraulic actuator, experimental analysis, numerical simulation
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/350342
Aim of this paper is presented a new methodology to study how different geometric parameters affect the performance of a hydraulic actuator. Preliminarily, the real working conditions of a hydraulic machine have been simulated by means of a CFD module. After, to test the reliability of the simulations, the obtained numerical results have been compared with the experimental data of a real prototype. This comparison demonstrates a good level of agreement between numerical and experimental results. Different simulations have been setup by modifying the actuator geometry and evaluating the efficiency of every analysed configuration. The results of this study give useful guidelines for the choice of the best geometry depending on the working conditions of the actuator.