A new ESO-based method to find the optimal topology of structures subject to multiple load conditions
- Autori: Tumino, D.; Ingrassia, T.; Nigrelli, V.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2014
- Tipologia: Capitolo o Saggio (Capitolo o saggio)
- Parole Chiave: Evolutionary structural optimization; FEM; Numerical methods; Topology optimization; Engineering (all)
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/155207
In the field of topology optimization problems, the Evolutionary Structural Optimization (ESO) method is one of the most popular and easy to use. When dealing with problems of reasonable difficulty, the ESO method is able to give very good results in reduced times and with a limited request of computational resources. Generally, main applications of this method are addressed to the definition of the optimal topology of a component subjected to a single load condition.In this work, a new methodology, based on the ESO approach, is introduced for the study of the optimal topology of a component subjected to multiple load conditions. The new procedure, entirely developed in the APDL programming language, has been tested with a holed plate subject to two different load conditions; the obtained results are promising in terms of mass reduction and structural performances.