A Knowledge Based Decision Support System for Bioinformatics and System Biology
- Autori: Fiannaca, A.; Gaglio, S.; La Rosa, M.; Peri, D.; Rizzo, R.; Urso, A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2011
- Tipologia: Capitolo o Saggio (Capitolo o saggio)
- Parole Chiave: Decision Support System, Knowledge Base, Meta Reasoning, Workflow Management
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/59639
In this paper, we present a new Decision Support System for Bioinformatics and System Biology issues. Our system is based on a Knowledge base, representing the expertise about the application domain, and a Reasoner. The Reasoner, consulting the Knowledge base and according to the user’s request, is able to suggest one or more strategies in order to resolve the selected problem. Moreover, the system can build, at different abstraction layers, a workflow for the current problem on the basis of the user’s choices, freeing the user from implementation details and assisting him in the correct configuration of the algorithms. Two possible application scenarios will be introduced: the analysis of protein-protein interaction networks and the inference of gene regulatory networks.