A Knowledge Management System based on Ontologies
- Autori: Ribino, P.; Oliveri, A.; LO RE, G.; Gaglio, S.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Ontologies, Knowledge Management Systems
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/41178
Recently the companies’ interest on a correct knowledge management is grown, more than interest on the mere knowledge itself. In the last few years, several projects have been carried out, with the aim of the development of innovative systems capable of collecting and sharing information. This paper proposes a Knowledge Management System, whose main feature is an ontological knowledge representation. The ontological representation of data allows of specializing the reasoning capabilities and of providing ad hoc behaviors. The system has been tested collecting and using data coming from projects and processes typical of ICT companies, and provides a Document Management System and an Expert System to share documents and to plan how to best use firms’ knowledge.