Highly cross-linked imidazolium salt entrapped magnetic particles – preparation and applications
- Autori: Agrigento, P.; Beier, M.; Knijnenburg, J.; Baiker, A.; Gruttadauria, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2012
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Polymers, magnetic nanoparticles,ionic liquids
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/64381
Magnetic particles entrapped into highly cross-linked imidazolium salts were synthesized using a straightforward approach by radical polymerization of bis-vinylimidazolium salts in the presence of superparamagnetic iron oxide particles. Potential applications for these new materials as (i) catalysts for conversion of propylene oxide to propylene carbonate, (ii) supports for organocatalysts, and (iii) scavenger materials for palladium removal are outlined.