PROVE ED ESPERIMENTI DI VERIFICA DELLA SICUREZZA DEL REATTORE NUCLEARE DI RICERCA AGN-201 “COSTANZA”
- Autori: D'Aleo, F; DI Maio, PA; Giardina, M; Tomarchio, EA
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2011
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Sicurezza nucleare; reattore AGN-201 COSTANZA
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/58927
The “Zero Power” Nuclear Reactor AGN-201 “Costanza” available at Nuclear Engineering Department of Palermo University is a valuable tool for educational purpose and research. Besides being a useful tool for training of operators, without the time period limits on start-up and shut-down of the larger reactors, it allows the study of some phenomena regarding nuclear reactor physics, applied neutronics, neutron dosimetry, nuclear measurements as well as testing of nuclear instrumentation and methods. The experience of work and the obtained results highlight the simplicity of AGN-201 reactor control, its intrinsic safety and its overall versatility in various fields of Nuclear Engineering.