A Straightforward Electroactive π-Extended Tetrathiafulvalene (exTTF) Building Block
- Autori: Molina Ontoria, A.; Garcia, R.; Gouloumis, A.; Giacalone, F.; Torres, M.; Martin, N.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2012
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Materials;Fused-ring systems; Conjugation; Donor-acceptor systems; Pi interactions; Olefination
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/63401
The synthesis and X-ray structure of a new and readily available exTTF derivative (6) bearing a methyltriphenylphosphonium bromide moiety as a new building block for the construction of electroactive molecules is reported. The phosphonium salt 6, which was prepared in one step from 2-hydroxymethyl-exTTF as a stable yellow solid in 84 % yield, efficiently undergoes Wittig olefination reactions with a variety of aldehydes to predominantly form the E isomer. Electronic spectra and cyclic voltammetry of the novel compounds reveal the electronic communication between the electroactive units