Concentration dependence of amplified spontaneous emission in two oligo-(p-phenylenevinylene) derivatives
- Autori: DIAZ GARCIA M., A.; CALZADO E., M.; VILLALVILLA J., M.; BOJ P., G.; QUINTANA J., A.; Giacalone, F.; SEGURA J., L.; Martin, N.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2005
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: conjugated oligomers; photophysics
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/22126
Amplified spontaneous emission sASEd in optically pumped polystyrene sPSd films doped with two different oligo-sp-phenylenevinylened derivatives sOPVsd, with three s3-OPVd and five s5-OPVd monomer units is reported. It is observed that there is a maximum content of oligomer s25 wt. % for 3-OPV and 20 wt. % for 5-OPVd that can be introduced in the films, due to degradation sin 3-OPVd and ASE quenching sin 5-OPVd. Optimal concentrations swith minimum pump-intensity thresholds for the observation of ASEd of 15 wt. % and 9 wt. % are measured for the trimer and the pentamer, respectively. The concentration dependence of the ASE threshold is discussed in terms of the optical absorption spectra. Gain coefficients are obtained by analyzing the dependence of the ASE with the length of the pump stripe. The results show that films based on 5-OPV appear to be more efficient and stable than those based on 3-OPV