Polymer solar cells with novel fullerene-based acceptor
- Autori: Riedel, I.; Martin, N.; Giacalone, F.; Segura, J.; Chirvase, D.; Parisi, J.; Dyakonov, V.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2004
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: solar cells; fullerene derivatives
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/3213
Alternative acceptor materials are possible candidates to improve the optical absorption andyor the open circuit voltage of polymer–fullerene solar cells. We studied a novel fullerene-type acceptor, DPM-12, for application in polymer–fullerene bulk heterojunction photovoltaic devices. Though DPM-12 has the identical redox potentials as methanofullerene PCBM, surprisingly high open circuit voltages in the range VOCs0.95 V were measured for OC1C10-PPV:DPM-12-based samples. The potential for photovoltaic application was studied by means of photovoltaic characterization of solar cells including current–voltage measurements and external quantum yield spectroscopy. Further studies were carried out by profiling the solar cell parameters vs. temperature and white light intensity.