Inhibitors of antibiotic resistance mechanisms: clinical applications and future perspectives
- Autori: Parrino B.; Carbone D.; Cirrincione G.; Diana P.; Cascioferro S.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2020
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista
- Parole Chiave: anti-biofilm agents; antibiotic resistance; antivirulence strategy; ESKAPE pathogens
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/414880
Bacterial strains responsible for antibiotic resistant infections are increasing in an alarming way and the evolution of resistance mechanisms seems to be unstoppable. In the past decade, many efforts have been made in order to counteract this phenomenon but very few compounds have reached clinical trials. The development of new classes of antibiotics able to overcome the main bacterial drug resistance mechanisms is urgently required to counter the imminent danger of a postantibiotic era.