CXCR5 identifies a subset of Vgamma9 Vdelta2 T cells which secrete IL-4 and IL-10 and help B cells for antibody production.
- Autori: CACCAMO, N; BATTISTINI, L; BONNEVILLE, M; POCCIA, F; FOURNIE', JJ; MERAVIGLIA, S; BORSELLINO, G; KROCZEK, RA; LA MENDOLA, C; SCOTET, E; DIELI, F; SALERNO, A
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2006
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista
- Parole Chiave: Vgamma9Vdelta2 T lymphocytes, CXCR5, Help B cells
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/23163
Vgamma9Vdelta2 T lymphocytes recognize nonpeptidic Ags and mount effector functions in cellular immune responses against microorganisms and tumors, but little is known about their role in Ab-mediated immune responses. We show here that expression of CXCR5 identifies a unique subset of Vgamma9Vdelta2 T cells which express the costimulatory molecules ICOS and CD40L, secrete IL-2, IL-4, and IL-10 and help B cells for Ab production. These properties portray CXCR5+ Vgamma9Vdelta2 T cells as a distinct memory T cell subset with B cell helper function.