Breakthrough in the alfa-perchlorination of acyl chlorides
- Autori: Bellesia, F.; D'Anna, F.; Felluga, F.; Frenna, V.; Ghelfi, F.; Parsons, A.; Reverberi, F.; Spinelli, D.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2012
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: acyl chlorides, halogenation, chlorine, base catalysis
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/62417
The preparation of -perchloroacyl chlorides, from reaction of the corresponding unfunctionalized acyl halides with chlorine, was efficiently achieved under base-catalysis, using a tetraalkylammonium chloride as catalyst. The process is solvent-free and the procedure is easy, inexpensive, and suitable for scale-up.