Synthesis and characterization of new polyamino-cyclodextrin materials
- Autori: LO MEO, P.; D'Anna, F.; Gruttadauria, M.; Riela, S.; Noto, R.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2012
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Modified cyclodextrins; Gene transfection; ESI-MS mass spectrometry; Potentiometric titration; Polarimetry; Silver nanoparticles
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/61978
With the aim of the synthesis of chemically modified cyclodextrins bearing polyamine pendant groups, potentially useful as capping agents for the preparation of nanosized metal systems or as auxiliaries for gene transfection, the reaction between the heptakis-(6-iodo)-(6-deoxy)-b-cyclodextrin and various polyamines has been explored. This synthetic approach allows obtaining materials constituted by mixtures of cyclodextrins, having different degrees of substitution, which were satisfactorily characterized by means of various complementary techniques (ESI-MS, NMR, potentiometric titration). The products obtained were successfully subjected to preliminary tests for their binding abilities towards suitable organic guests and as capping agents for the preparation of stable silver nanoparticles.