Microwave-assisted synthesis of novel cyclodextrin–cucurbituril complexes
- Autori: Riela, S.; Lazzara, G.; LO MEO, P.; Guernelli, S.; D'Anna, F.; Milioto, S.; Noto, R.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2011
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: cyclodextrins; cucurbiturils; microwave irradiation
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/61977
Microwave irradiation was successfully used in order to obtain stable supramolecular aggregates between cyclodextrins and cucurbiturils, without the participation of any long-chain common ‘molecular thread’ guest. These aggregates were characterised by means of various different techniques, namely NMR, thermogravimetry, polarimetry and ESI-MS. Cross-analysis of experimental data allowed us to obtain insights on the stoichiometries of the composites and their thermal stabilities. The possible structures of the composites are briefly discussed, as well as the actual nature of their intrinsic stability.