Polystyrene-supported proline as recyclable catalyst in the Baylis-Hillman reaction of arylaldehydes and methyl or ethyl vinyl ketone
- Autori: Giacalone, F.; Gruttadauria, M.; MOSSUTO MARCULESCU, A.; D'Anna, F.; Noto, R.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2008
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: organocatalysis, heterogeneous catalysis, Baylis-Hilmann reaction
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/12184
Polystyrene-supported proline has been used as co-organocatalyst (10 mol%) with imidazole (10 mol%) in the Baylis-Hillman reaction between methyl or ethyl vinyl ketone and arylaldehydes. Recycling studies showed that the proline resin can be used up to five cycles with high isolated yields. This study represents the first example of supported proline as heterogeneous catalyst in the above reaction and broaden the scope of this catalytic material.