Comprehensive Analytical Investigation for PV Plants and Their Control System with Reduced Power Electronics Equipments
- Autori: DI TOMMASO, A.; Genduso, F.; Miceli, R.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2012
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Photovoltaic systems, MPPT control, Power Electronics, PWM inverters
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/63198
This paper presents a comprehensive analysis of a power generation system from PV source and it control system with a reduced power equipments connected with a power AC grid. The absence of the boost chopper as an actuator for Maximum Power Point Tracking concurs to make the system more reliable, affordable and moreover cheaper respect to a traditional one in which the boost chopper is used. The mathematical analysis exposed in the paper shows as a three phase inverter has two degrees of freedom allowing the simultaneous MPPT control and the synchronization with the power grid. The analysis also shows the way to determine the duty cycle of the inverter to deliver active power, and eventually reactive power too. Simulation results validate the control system showing the validity of the chosen strategy with a minimal knowledge required of parameters to manage the control system.