Comprehensive Analytical Investigation for PV Plants and Their Control System with Reduced Power Electronics Equipments
- Autori: DI TOMMASO, A.; Genduso, F.; Miceli, R.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2012
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Photovoltaic systems, MPPT control, Power Electronics, PWM inverters
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/62977
This paper presents a mathematical analysis of a of power generation system from solar source connected to the distribution network and of its control system, in which the conversion stage is unique thanks to the absence of a boost chopper. Boost choppers are usually used as actuator for maximum power point tracking (MPPT). The conducted analysis leads to the conclusion that the used inverter has two degrees of freedom that can be easily exploited in a control system in which the inverter simultaneously realizes the interconnection to the grid and at the same time realizes the MPPT control. The structure of the control system is then presented, discussed and then validated by means of numerical simulation tools.