Improvement of IPMSM Performance through a Mixed Radial-tangential Rotor Structure
- Autori: DI TOMMASO, A.; Miceli, R.; RICCO GALLUZZO, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: IPMSM, Permanent magnets (PM), Rotor
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/51904
In this paper an IPMSM (Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor) rotor configuration optimization is proposed in order to increase the performances in terms of torque, limiting at the same time the rotor leakage flux. The final mixed radial and tangential rotor configuration here proposed and described determines a reduction in PM material quantity of about 25% compared to a tangential IPMSM one with the same dimension and weight, together with an increase of the motoring torque of about 50%. Some simulation carried out by using a FEM software and a comparative analysis with two traditional IPMSMs rotor configurations show that a significant improvement can be achieved with limited changes in the rotor geometry, without varying the stator iron core structure and windings.