A Flux and Speed Observer for Sensorless SPIM Applications
- Autori: Caruso, M.; Cecconi, V.; DI TOMMASO, A.; Rocha, R.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: observer , sensorless , single-phase induction motor , speed estimation
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/51619
It is usual to find single-phase induction motor (SPIM) in several house, office, shopping, farm, and industry appliances, which is become more sophisticated and requires the development of high performance alternatives to drive a SPIM. All proposed strategies to improve the performance SPIM need the evaluation of the rotational speed or position information. Since the use of conventional sensors to measure the rotational speed cannot be justified for SPIM applications, the adoption of a sensorless strategy is a more reasonable option for these cases. This paper presents a flux and speed observer for sensorless applications involving SPIMs. The performance of the proposed observer is verified using computational simulations and the experimental results obtained from its practical implementation.