Transcriptional regulation of Tubulin α2 gene in Paracentrotus lividus.
- Autori: Nicosia, A.; Emanuele, M.; Ragusa, M.; Costa, S.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Capitolo o Saggio
- Parole Chiave: tubulin, sea urchin, gene expression
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/45589
The PlTα2 is a sea urchin Paracentrotus lividus gene coding for a neural isotype of alfa tubulin. Expression of Tα2 gene is temporally activated from the blastula stage and spatially confined to the neural territory of the embryo. In order to investigate cis-regulatory elements that control this spatio-temporal pattern we performed functional experiment microinjecting several constructs containing different portion of Tα2 promoter. Moreover quantitative chromatin immune-precipitation experiments were performed to evaluate a possible involvement of chromatin modifications in regulation of Tα2 gene expression.