A paradigm of fullerene
- Autori: Cricchio, D.; Corso, P.; Fiordilino, E.; Orlando, G.; Persico, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: fullerene; strong fields; harmonic generation
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/44528
We study the dynamics of an electron constrained over the surface of a rigid sphere, with geometrical parameters similar to those of the C60 fullerene, embedded in a low intensity linearly polarized laser field. The model is shown to emit odd harmonics of the laser even at very low field intensity. For more intense laser fields, the spectrum presents odd harmonics and hyper-Raman lines shaped in a broad plateau. The spectrum of the model is compared to that theoretically obtained by other authors for more realistic models of C60. It is concluded that the model can be used as a paradigm for mesoscopic molecules in the fullerene family, particularly in practical applications where it is convenient to have a simple model of fullerene molecules. It is also concluded that the model is an example lending support to the concept of universality introduced by other authors some time ago.