Functional role of Basal Ganglia in normal and pathological behaviour.
- Autori: Crescimanno, G.; Casarrubea, M.; Sorbera, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2007
- Tipologia: Capitolo o Saggio (Capitolo o saggio)
- Parole Chiave: Basal Ganglia; pathological behavior;
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/38922
Basal Ganglia play a key role in the processes driving motor performances including emotion motivation and reward. Severe neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders such as Parkinson's disease, ballism, Huntington Chorea and obsessive-compulsive disorder have been linked to Basal Ganglia dysfunctions.