Hot-electron noise suppression in n-Si via the Hall effect
- Autori: Ciccarello, F.; Zammito, S.; Zarcone, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: hot electrons, Si, noise, Hall effect
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/64874
We investigate how hot-electron fluctuations in n-type Si are affected by the presence of an intense (static) magnetic field in a Hall geometry. By using the Monte Carlo method, we find that the known Hall-effect-induced redistribution of electrons among valleys can suppress electron fluctuations with a simultaneous enhancement of the drift velocity.