Inside the robot’s mind during human-robot interaction
- Autori: Seidita V.; Diliberto C.; Zanardi P.; Chella A.; Lanza F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2019
- Tipologia: Contributo in atti di convegno pubblicato in volume
- Parole Chiave: Cognitive architecture; Decision process; Human robot interaction
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/423246
Humans and robots collaborating and cooperating for pursuing a shared objective need to rely on the other for carrying out an effective decision process and for updating knowledge when necessary in a dynamic environment. Robots have to behave as they were human teammates. To model the cognitive process of robots during the interaction, we developed a cognitive architecture that we implemented employing the BDI (belief, desire, intention) agent paradigm. In this paper, we focus on how to let the robot show to the human its reasoning process and how its knowledge on the work environment grows. We realized a framework whose heart is a simulator that serves the human as a window on the robot’s mind.