A Reconfigurable Neural Environment on Active Networks
- Autori: Chella, A.; Di Fatta, G.; Favarò, G.; Guarino, D.; LO RE, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2000
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Active Networks, Neural Networks
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/38582
This paper proposes the deployment of a neural network computing environment on Active Networks. Active Networks are packet-switched computer networks in which packets can contain code fragments that are executed on the intermediate nodes. This feature allows the injection of small pieces of codes to deal with computer network problems directly into the network core, and the adoption of new computing techniques to solve networking problems. The goal of our project is the adoption of a distributed neural network for approaching tasks which are specific of the computer network environment. Dynamically reconfigurable neural networks are spread on an experimental wide area backbone of active nodes (ABone) to show the feasibility of the proposed approach.