Conceptual spaces for computer vision representations
- Autori: Chella, A.; Frixione, M.; Gaglio, S.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2001
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Computer vision representations; Conceptual spaces; High level computer vision; Language and Linguistics; Linguistics and Language; Artificial Intelligence
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/288742
A framework for high-level representations in computer vision architectures is described. The framework is based on the notion of conceptual space. This approach allows us to define a conceptual semantics for the symbolic representations of the vision system. In this way, the semantics of the symbols can be grounded to the data coming from the sensors. In addition, the proposed approach generalizes the most popular frameworks adopted in computer vision.