An architecture for autonomous agents exploiting conceptual representations
- Autori: Chella, A.; Frixione, M.; Gaglio, S.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 1998
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Active vision; Conceptual spaces; Hybrid processing; Representation levels; Control and Systems Engineering; Software; Mathematics (all); Computer Science Applications1707 Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/288737
An architecture for autonomous agents is proposed that integrates the functional and the behavioral approaches to robotics. The integration is based on the introduction of a conceptual level, linking together a subconceptual, behavioral, level, and a linguistic level, encompassing symbolic representation and data processing. The proposed architecture is described with reference to an experimental setup, in which the robot task is that of building a significant description of its working environment. © 1998 Elsevier Science B.V. All rights reserved.