Septic skin lesions: an uncommon manifestation of peripheral prosthetic vascular graft infection
- Autori: Massara, M.; Cascio, A.; Benedetto, F.; DE CARIDI, G.; Lentini, S.; Spinelli, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2014
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista
- Parole Chiave: Embolism; infection; skin; vascular graft
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/378943
Peripheral prosthetic vascular graft infection following lower limb surgical revascularization is a relatively rare but serious condition. A case of early infection and occlusion of a above-knee femoro-popliteal artery prosthetic bypass is here reported. It was accompanied by acute lower limb ischemia, fever and distally by embolic septic skin lesions.