RT-PCR and in situ hybridization analysis of apolipoprotein H expression in rat normal tissues
- Autori: Ragusa, M.; Costa, S.; Cefalu', A.; Noto, D.; Fayer, F.; Travali, S.; Averna, M.; Gianguzza, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2006
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: ß-2-glycoprotein I, apoH, antiphospholipid syndrome, Fanconi syndrome
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/26791
In this study, by using different techniques (i.e. Northern blot hybridization, RT-PCR and Southern blot hybridization) on various normal rat tissues, we were able to identify liver, kidney, heart, small intestine, brain, spleen, stomach and prostate as tissues in which the ApoH gene is transcribed. Moreover, for some of these tissues, by in situ hybridization, we found a specific localization of apoH transcripts. For instance epithelial cells of the bile ducts in liver and of the proximal tubules in kidney are the major sites of apoH synthesis. Our data suggest that some of the different physiological roles proposed for apoH could correlate with its direct expression, while others could correlate with its absorption from bloodstream or adjacent cells.