Prehistoric Settlement and Population in the Madonie Mountains. New Data from the Archaeological Survey.
- Autori: Belvedere, O.; Forgia, V.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: settlement, palaeoenvironment, Madonie, mountains
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/50524
The aim of the Madonie research project is to analyze mobility strategies and the use of a mountainous territory by relating geomorphologic features, raw materials sources and landscape to the prehistoric settlement. For this purpose we planned an intensive and systematic survey of sample areas, selected on geomorphological, altimetric and archaeological criteria, correlated to palaeoenvironmental investigation based on the study of palynological sequence samples coming from wet areas of the Madonie territory and from archaeological deposits.