Telerilevamento di aree archeologiche mediante dati iperspettrali MIVIS
- Autori: Belvedere, O.; Burgio, A.; Ciraolo, G.; LA LOGGIA, G.; Maltese, A.; Rametta, D.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2004
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: archeologia, telerilevamento, remote sensing, Sicilia, Alesa, Mozia
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/25447
The aim of this study is to examine the relationship between physical parameters and the spatial distribution of buried archaeological structures, using data acquired by the airborne hyperspectral sensor MIVIS in the visible, near infrared and thermal infrared wavelengths. The study areas are the territories of Halaesa, an important city in the Hellenistic-Roman period, and the Punic city of Mozia in Sicily. The influence of buried structures on thermal-radiative behaviour has been investigated using three parameters: Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI), thermal inertia, and Thermal Balanced Gradient. These techniques are shown to be particularly effective in identifying surface phenomena caused by structures present in the top soil. Multicriterial analysis has been carried out to investigate the possible presence of buried linear structures, which are linked to these parameters. Results show good agreement with the distribution of known structures and archaeological sites identified by survey.