AN INTRODUCTION TO THE BOLTZMANN FACTOR BY USING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TOOLS
- Autori: Fazio, C; Battaglia, OR; Guastella, I
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Boltzmann factor; Formaldehyde clock reaction
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/50795
We present an experiment and simulations aimed at introducing the Boltzmann factor mathematical expression and at illustrating the fundamental concepts on which it is grounded. The experiment uses an easily available Microcomputer Based Laboratory apparatus. Simulations are developed in the Net-Logo environment that, besides having a friendly user-interface, allows an easy interaction with the algorithm. The approach supplies a pedagogical support for the introduction of the Boltzmann factor at undergraduate level to students without a background in statistical mechanics.