Role of polymorphisms of CC-chemokine receptor-5 gene in acute myocardial infarction and biological implications for longevity.
- Autori: Balistreri, C.; Candore, G.; Caruso, M.; Incalcaterra, E.; Franceschi, C.; Caruso, C.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2008
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: infarction, longevity, CCR5
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/45505
A key component of atherosclerosis is inflammation. So, genes encoding inflammatory or antiinflammatory molecules are good candidates for the risk of cardiovascular diseases (CVD), as acute myocardial infarction (AMI). In this study we demonstrated that genetic variations in CCR5 gene affect atherosclerosis and risk of AMI, hence consenting the attainment of longevity.