Osgood-Schlatter syndrome and pelvic tilt: longitudinal screening on adolescent male soccer players
- Autori: Pomara, F.; Bianco, A.; Romano, G.; Petrucci, M.; Grosso, F.; De Vita, A.; Adamo, V.; Palma, A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Osgood-Schlatter syndrome, Adolescent, soccer players
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/50576
Aim and Methods. We realized a longitudinal screening on 258 adolescent male subjects practising agonistic soccer; during sport season, 10.47% of group (N=27) showed a tibial anterior apophysite (Osgood-Schlatter syndrome). Results. By statistical analysis we showed that 77.77% of diseases was related to presence of adolescent pelvic tilt; there more we showed that 83.33% of athletes with right Osgood- Schlatter syndrome presented a left pelvic tilt, 66.67% of athletes with left Osgood Schlatter syndrome showed a right pelvic tilt. Conclusion. The study shows that pelvic tilt can represent a risk factor to controlateral Osgood- Schlatter syndrome inducing a functional overload.