First-Order Quasi-Phase-Matched Blue Light Generation in Surface-Poled Ti:Indiffused waveguide
- Autori: Busacca, A.; Sones, C.; Eason, R.; Mailis, S.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2004
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Lithium ; Ferroelectric materials ; congruent lithium
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/11044
The application of surface periodic poling method for first order quasi-phase-matched (QPM) second harmonic generation (SHG) in Ti:indiffused lithium niobate channel waveguides, was investigated. On a 2.5 μm wide channel waveguide which was periodically poled with a period of 2.47 μm for TM waveguide mode interaction, efficient SHG was observed. The CCD camera was used for monitoring the near-field waveguide mode profiles of both the fundamental and second harmonic waves. The potential of surface domain inversion for efficient nonlinear waveguide interactions was shown after the production of 6 mW of continous-wave blue radiation.