Soft proton exchanged channel waveguides in congruent lithium tantalate for frequency doubling
- Autori: Busacca, A.; Stivala, S.; Curcio, L.; Minzioni, P.; Nava, G.; Cristiani, I.; Assanto, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Nonlinear optics, Integrated optics materials, Waveguides, Nonlinear optical devices
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/57522
We report on stable optical waveguides fabricated by soft-proton exchange in periodically-poled congruent lithium tantalate in the α-phase. The channel waveguides are characterized in the telecom wavelength range in terms of both linear properties and frequency doubling. The measurements yield a nonlinear coefficient of about 9.5pm/V, demonstrating that the nonlinear optical properties of lithium tantalate are left nearly unaltered by the process.