Integrated frequency shifter in periodically poled lithium tantalate waveguide
- Autori: Nava, G.; Minzioni, P.; Cristiani, I.; Busacca, A.; Curcio, L.; Stivala, S.; Assanto, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Nonlinear optics, Integrated optics, Parametric conversion
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/57523
A frequency shifting device is fabricated and tested in a ferroelectric waveguide in a low-photorefractivity crystal. Periodic poling for quasi-phase-matching and channels for operation in the near-infrared C-band were obtained in congruent lithium tantalate, demonstrating for the first time both wave confinement and two-stage parametric conversion in such waveguides.