High resolution x-ray investigation of periodically poled lithium tantalate crystals with short periodicity
- Autori: Bazzan, M.; Sada, C.; Argiolas, N.; Busacca, A.; Oliveri, R.; Stivala, S.; Curcio, L.; RIVA SANSEVERINO, S.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Dielectric polarisation; Electric domain walls; Ferroelectric materials; Lanthanum compounds; X-ray diffraction; Domain structure; Hysteresis; Polarization and depolarization.
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/46085
Domain engineering technology in lithium tantalate is a well studied approach for nonlinear optical applications. However, for several cases of interest, the realization of short period structures (<2 μm) is required, which make their characterization difficult with standard techniques. In this work, we show that high resolution x-ray diffraction is a convenient approach for the characterization of such structures, allowing us to obtain in a nondestructive fashion information such as the average domain period, the domain wall inclination, and the overall structure quality.