Random quasi-phase-matched second-harmonic generation in periodically poled lithium tantalate
- Autori: Stivala, S.; Busacca, A.; Pasquazi, A.; Oliveri, R.; Morandotti, R.; Assanto, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Nonlinear optics; Harmonic generation and mixing
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/49268
We observe second harmonic generation via random quasi-phase-matching in a 2.0 micron periodically poled, 1-cm-long, z-cut lithium tantalate. Away from resonance, the harmonic output profiles exhibit a characteristic pattern stemming from a stochastic domain distribution and a quadratic growth with the fundamental excitation, as well as a broadband spectral response. The results are in good agreement with a simple model and numerical simulations in the undepleted regime, assuming an anisotropic spread of the random nonlinear component.