Guided-wave frequency doubling in surface periodically poled lithium niobate: competing effects
- Autori: Stivala, S.; Pasquazi, A.; Colace, L.; Assanto, G.; Busacca, A.; Cherchi, M.; RIVA SANSEVERINO, S.; Cino, A.; Parisi, A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2007
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Harmonic generation and mixing; Nonlinear optics, integrated optics
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/39066
We carried out second-harmonic generation in quasi-phase-matched alpha-phase lithium niobate channel waveguides realized by proton exchange and surface periodic poling. Owing to a limited ferroelectric domain depth, we could observe the interplay between second-harmonic generation and self-phase modulation due to cascading and cubic effects, resulting in a nonlinear resonance shift. Data reduction allowed us to evaluate both the quadratic nonlinearity in the near infrared as well as the depth of the uninverted domains.