Breast cancer cells exhibit selective modulation induced by different collagen substrates.
- Autori: Pucci, I.; Albanese, N.; DI CARA, G.; Minafra, L.; Marabeti, M.; Cancemi, P.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2008
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Collagen Substrate, Breast Cancer, Proteomics
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/35463
During the invasive phase of malignant tumors, neoplastic cells break into the basal lamina and enter in contact with the underlying connective tissue, which concurrently undergoes extensive modifications. The aim of our present minireview is to focus the changes in the collagenous matrix occurring during breast cancer progression and to explore the possible effects of different collagen substrates on breast cancer cell behavior and proteomic modulation.