Batch experiments for the determination of the Ti(IV,III) couple in 1 moldm-3 HCl, 2 moldm-3 NaCl medium at 25°C
- Autori: Amorello, D.; Romano, V.; Zingales, R.; Ledda, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Redox potential; Ti(IV,III) couple; Emf measurements; Batch experiments; Zinc amalgam; Chemical analysis.
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/35112
The determination of the Ti(IV, III) redox couple formal potential in 1 M HCl 2 M NaCl medium at 25°C through batch experiments involving the preparation of Ti(IV) and Ti(III) mixtures via the reaction of Ti(IV) with Zinc amalgam, has been carried out with emf measurements in order to verify the correctness of the previous value that the authors obtained by a coulometric-potentiometric investigation in the same conditions. The results from the two independent methods are in good agreement: 9 ± 1 mV the first and 9 ± 2 the average batch result.